Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Blegh

I'm sick.  I think I caught something from Little Bill, but I don't have any proof of that  ... yet.  

My mom assures me that I only have a cold, but I always get incredibly paranoid when I'm ill.  Okay, actually, I spend much of my day fretting over my faux-diabetes and all the other diseases ravaging my poor body.  Of course, WebMD doesn't help my hypochondria at all.  So when I knew I had a fever last night, of course I freaked.  It took everything I had to avoid the internet.  I can only imagine what horrible things a fever signifies.  Instead, I just repeatedly called my mom, going "Ughhhhh .... I'm in so much paaaaaaiiiiinnnnnnnn ... are you suuuuuuuuure I'm not dyyyyyyyyinggggg?'  I realize I might sound like a big baby, but I don't care how old you are, when you're sick, you just want your mama.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, because nobody loves you as much as your mama. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to comment on my reaction to Obama's victory. I have been culturally color blind since the third grade when my deep South school was desegregated, and my new best friend was black because she was the second smartest kid in my class. Also Obama is about the most melting pot candidate ever invented by the American media--so I never even thought about his race. (Race being totally insignificant biologically.) As for my AGE, I am still nineteen in my head--only a much wiser nineteen than the first time around. But I love that my baby nanny garcia is all about justice and saving the world. Drink lots of hot tea and take vitamin C and get lots of rest. Love, mama garcia

    ReplyDelete